Employment Opportunity: Administrative Assistant Admissions and Education – Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador
The Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador is the legal profession’s regulatory body responsible for the protection of the public interest. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our valued team and provide support in admissions, education, and continuing professional development activities.
In addition to our competitive salary, medical/dental/vision plan, and RRSP contributions, we are happy to highlight the following benefits:
- Flexibility: Work arrangements that accommodate your schedule
- Wellness: Access to a confidential counseling and information service for employees and their families
- Parking: Parking
- Professional Development: Unlimited access to all Professional Development offered by the Law Society and additional funding to complete work-specific professional development.
- Team Building: Optional team-building opportunities such as lunch and learns, game rooms, yoga, and other recreational activities
$42,554.07 – $46,952.11
- Prepare summaries of applications to be reviewed by the Education Committee; serve as recording secretary to the Education Committee; prepare agenda packages; arrange meeting logistics; prepare minutes, prepare follow-up correspondence and resolutions; identify action items and ensure timely follow-up.
- Notify students who have been admitted to the Law Society; prepare student admission invoices; ensure all forms are filed with the Society and student files are complete.
- Assist with the layout and design of informational materials related to admissions and education, and maintain a current listing of all students in the Law Society database.
- Maintain Law Society’s Student Roll and database; receive and enter updated information; review student files to ensure that all student reporting requirements are fulfilled, and follow up as required.
- Prepare invoices to students and seminar registrants for various fees; ensure invoices are forwarded for accounting reconciliation and follow-up, and assist in preparation of revenue and expenses for continuing professional development.
- Ensure efficient records management including manual and computerized records in accordance with privacy and access to information legislation; archive and secure information ensuring confidentiality as required.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of receptions, professional development seminars, the Bar Admission Course, and Call to the Bar ceremonies.
- Assist with the preparation of reports for matters related to Admissions and Education.
- Address inquiries from members and prospective members regarding matters related to Admissions and Education.
- Perform other related duties as required.
For a complete overview of the position, please see the job description linked here.
Graduation with a diploma in office administration from a recognized educational institution, supplemented by experience in secretarial and administration work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience as determined by assessment. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are also required:
- Effective organizational, forward-thinking, and attention to detail skills.
- Knowledge of effective and efficient administrative/secretarial procedures and practices, and office procedures, practices, and etiquette.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Sound discretion, good judgment, and professionalism.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work independently and contribute effectively to the team.
How to Apply
To apply in confidence, provide a resume and cover letter by 5:00 p.m. Monday, January 30, 2023, to email@example.com. Please contact us if you would like to discuss the opportunity. For more information about the position and the Law Society please refer to our website at https://lsnl.ca.
We look forward to hearing from you.