Employment Opportunity: Crown Attorney – Manitoba Justice
LF1-3 Crown Attorney
Term: Full-time with the possibility of becoming regular
Manitoba Prosecution Service, Crown Law
Advertisement Number: 40234
Salary(s): LF1-3 $3,074.00 – $6,076.95 bi-weekly
Closing Date: March 31, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
THIS IS AN ONGOING RECRUITMENT INITIATIVE
This will be an ongoing recruitment initiative for Crown Attorneys in Winnipeg. This will allow you to submit a single application that will be considered for Crown Attorney positions that become vacant through out the year until May 31, 2023 in Winnipeg Fulltime term positions with the possibility of becoming regular are available. There are growth opportunities where you can advance in your career.
This advertisement will remain open as positions are filled and applications will be reviewed periodically
To be considered for this competition candidates are required to submit the Application Form for screening, along with their resume, to the Civil Service Commission by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), quoting 40234 and position title in the subject line.
Resumes may be used in addition to the Applicant Form for screening purposes.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION FORM.
Manitoba Prosecution Service is responsible for prosecuting most offences in Manitoba. These offences are identified in provincial statutes, the federal Criminal Code of Canada and The Youth Criminal Justice Act. Manitoba Prosecution Service offers an attractive benefits package and a defined pension plan and provides opportunities for development. Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Member (in good standing) or eligble for immediate membership with the Law Society of Manitoba
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Search with Vulnerable Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check & Child Abuse Registry Check
- Enhanced Security Screening
- Evening and weekend work as required
- Ability to travel by road, air & small watercraft, including overnight stays and must have a valid Class 5 Manitoba
- Driver’s Licence
- Advocacy experience in the practice of law
- Superior verbal communication and presentation skills
- Superior written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills with an understanding of establishing and maintaining effective and professional working relationships
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective case management and time management skills
- Ability to adapt, learn and grow through challenge, pressure or adversity (resilience)
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work under pressure to meet workload demands and deadlines
- Experience and proficiency with computer software packages including legal research applications, MS Word, Excel and Outlook, PRISM or equivalents
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Prosecutions or Criminal Law experience
- Ability to work in French
As a Crown Attorney, you will provide prosecutorial service regarding matters arising under the Criminal Code of Canada and provincial statutes, in the provincial and superior courts. Other duties involve giving legal opinions, reviewing police reports and instructing police with respect to charges.
Advertisement # 40234
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3L6
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.