Employment Opportunity: Executive Director – Law Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador
We are seeking a strong leader and manager to serve as Executive Director of The Law Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador (the “Foundation”).
The Foundation is organized under the Law Society Act, 1999 with the purpose of maintaining a fund for legal education and research, law reform, scholarships, legal referral services and helping fund the Legal Aid Commission of Newfoundland and Labrador.
As Executive Director you will assume leadership and operational responsibilities and accountabilities for the functioning of the Foundation. You will report to the Board of Governors. This position offers an opportunity to make a substantial contribution to the initiatives of the Foundation with key responsibilities including:
- Identifying and implementing strategic priorities and operational plans
- Developing and maintaining proper governance policies and procedures
- Preparing reports and maintaining accurate books and records that comply with financial guidelines and budgetary requirements
- Scheduling, coordinating, and distributing agendas and materials for meetings of the Board of Governors
- Preparing and managing grant and scholarship application and evaluation processes
- Developing, managing and implementing a communication strategy, including website, social media and event planning
- Providing oversight of all financial functions
- Managing and reporting on the Foundation’s funding
- Negotiating and managing agreements with financial institutions
- Maintaining effective working relationships with external stakeholders including grantees, other provincial Law Foundations, and such other applicable legal and justice organizations
You are a clear and critical thinker with an ability to see the bigger picture and possess good judgment. Your skills in maintaining positive relationships with diverse and informed stakeholders. You have strong oral and written communication skills.
This is part-time position with estimated hours of work of 25 to 30 hours per week, or as require. The salary range will be between $55,000.00 and $70,000.00 per annum together with a competitive benefit package, including Group Health and Dental, Disability Insurance, and RRSP contributions.
More information on LFNL can be found at www.lawfoundationnl.com.
Please apply in confidence and include a copy of your resume together with two references by e-mail to:
Law Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador Email email@example.com
Attention: Virginia English