Employment Opportunity: Trust Compliance Auditor – Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador
The Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador is the legal profession’s regulatory body responsible for the protection of the public interest. We are seeking a Trust Compliance Auditor to join our valued team.
In addition to our competitive salary, medical/dental/vision plan, and RRSP contributions, we are happy to highlight the following benefits:
- Flexibility: Work arrangements that accommodate your schedule
- Wellness: Access to a confidential counseling and information service for employees and their families
- Parking: Parking
- Professional Development: Employees have unlimited access to all Professional Development offered by the Law Society. In addition, the Trust Compliance Auditor will be provided with additional funding to complete work-specific professional development.
- Team Building: Optional team-building opportunities such as lunch and learns, game rooms, yoga, and other recreational activities
- $77,250 – $97,850
Reporting to the Executive Director and in consultation with the Director of Professional Responsibility, the Trust Compliance Auditor plans, organizes, leads, and manages the Trust Audit Program for the Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct audits and investigations
- Communicate findings and evidence in reports and presentations
- Research and develop policies, procedures and standards
- Provide trust compliance guidance and information to members and the public
For a complete overview of the position, please see the job description linked [here].
Membership in good standing with the Association of Chartered Professional Accountants of Newfoundland and Labrador or eligibility for membership in good standing is required. Progressive audit experience and knowledge of the Law Society’s Trust Account Rules are considered assets. The successful applicant will be required to provide a satisfactory certificate of conduct from the local police department.
How to Apply
To apply in confidence, provide a resume and cover letter by 5:00 p.m. Friday, 7 October 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us if you would like to discuss the opportunity. For more information about the position and the Law Society please refer to our website at https://lsnl.ca.
We look forward to hearing from you.