Job Opportunity – Legal Research Officer – Supreme Court of NL
The Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador is looking for a Legal Research Officer for the Family Division.
The Legal Research Officer is responsible for providing assistance to the judges of the Supreme Court. This involves:
- reviewing files, both pre and post hearing, and preparing preliminary briefings on points of law;
- preparing bench and research memoranda;
- assisting judges in reviewing cases;
- attending court to listen to arguments and completing related research when requested;
- participating in meetings and discussions with the judges;
- participating in the organization and co-ordination of special projects;
- assisting in the preparation of materials for judges’ seminars and related issues;
- assisting in the drafting of court rules and forms;
- responding to inquiries from Registry staff; and
- performing such other duties as may be assigned.
Interested applicants can apply at email@example.com
Closing date: March 5, 2021