Please note: This course will not be added to Courses on Demand. Courses involving professional speakers and skills-based workshops generally do not get added to Courses on Demand.
Who should attend: All lawyers wishing to drastically improve their negotiation tactics and skills
Learning level: All levels
YOU NEGOTIATE EVERY DAY.
In fact, your ability to effectively negotiate may be the most critical skill you possess. Yet most negotiate instinctively or intuitively. This course will help you approach negotiations with a strategic mindset.
And make no mistake—no matter how much you’ve negotiated, you can still learn. Adding that one new tactic may be the difference between winning and walking away empty-handed.
Martin Latz is one of North America’s leading experts and instructors on negotiating techniques. A Harvard Law honours graduate, Marty will help make YOU a more effective lawyer.
15 Skills You’ll Learn:1. Latz’s 5 Golden Rules of Negotiation
2. Ways to gain leverage when seemingly powerless
3. Strategies to get past “No”—if all appears lost
4. 1st offer dynamics—when to make it and when to wait
5. Secrets to success in emotionally charged negotiations
6. Powerful agenda control techniques
7. Deadline and timing tips
8. Where to use competitive techniques vs. problem-solving strategies
9. Tactics to generate creative solutions
10. How to get power with effective information gathering
11. When to share information—and when to keep it
12. When to hold—and when to fold
13. Ways to deal with untrustworthy adversaries
14. How to keep options open while building future relationships
15. The difference between “puffery” and unacceptable lying
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6.5 hours (this course will contain a minimum of 1 hour pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)