CLE Notice for Members
This year the annual Canadian Association of Law Libraries/L’Association canadienne des bibliothèques de droit (CALL/ACBD) conference (http://callacbdconference.com/) is taking place in Halifax, Nova Scotia from May 27th – 30th. Members of the Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador are invited to consider attending this conference on a day pass (information below) as attendance at these sessions can be counted towards CLE credit requirements. Applicable sessions are available on May 29th and May 30th.
Day Pass Information:
Cost: A one day pass for sessions is $115.00 ($100.00 + tax) and includes access to the plenary session and CLE applicable sessions for that day.
The registration page can be accessed at http://callacbdconference.com/registration – on the registration form is a “One Day Pass – CPD Accredited Sessions Only” registration option with a special rate. Members will need to enter the code CPD2018 in order to get the special rate.
CLE Applicable Sessions:
Tuesday, May 29
• Cannabis/Marijuana Plenary Panel: Know Your Rights/ How Will This Affect Us? 9 am – 10:30 am (1.5 hours)
• Unlocking Dark Data for Legal Decision-Making 11 am -12 pm (1 hour)
• Competitive Intelligence and Gov Docs: Find, Use, and Create Actionable Intelligence 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm (1.5 hours) OR
• The Now and Future of Blockchain for Law 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm (1.5 hours)
Wednesday, May 30
• Plenary: Connecting Through Digital Transformation 9 am – 10:00 am (1 hours)
• The Crown, the Copyright, and the Law 10:30 am – 12:00 pm (1.5 hours) OR
• AI’s Infiltration of the Legal Profession 10:30 am – 12:00 pm (1.5 hours)
Subject to the Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador’s Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Requirements, this seminar would constitute for Tuesday May 29th 4 hours of eligible CLE activities and for Wednesday 2.5 hours of eligible CLE activities.