Employment Opportunity: Crown Prosecutor – Ministry of Justice
Order-In-Council – Prince Albert, SK
Are you seeking to practice law and make a difference? Would you like to have a great career and work-life balance? If so, you might be the perfect candidate for us! Prince Albert Public Prosecutions Regional Office is seeking to fill opportunities! As a Crown Prosecutor, you will help deliver justice through fair and effective prosecutions. Public Prosecutions prosecute those charged under the Criminal Code, Youth Criminal Justice Act, some federal statutes, and some provincial statutes.
- Eligible for membership and, on an ongoing basis, holding a membership in good standing with, the Law Society of Saskatchewan;
- Satisfactorily pass a criminal record check;
- Outstanding oral communication and presentation skills;
- Superior written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Effective case management and organization skills;
- The ability to meet short deadlines, working independently and as part of a team;
- Experience and proficiency with computer software applications including legal research applications and MS Office. Experience with CJIMS is considered an asset but is not required; and
- Litigation experience in the practice of criminal law is considered an asset but is not required.
Under the direction of a Regional Crown Prosecutor and Public Prosecutions’ Head Office, you will be responsible for a multitude of duties and decisions. Primary duties will be the carriage of criminal, quasi-criminal, and regulatory prosecutions in the Provincial Court for Saskatchewan and the Court of King’s Bench for Saskatchewan. Such carriage will include docket court work, trial work, and summary conviction appeals. Other duties include giving legal opinions, reviewing police reports, and advising police as appropriate. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in legal education in the areas of criminal law, ethics, and the like.
*For a more detailed job description and to apply, please go to www.saskatchewan.ca/careers. Click on Jobs Available to the Public, then click on Permanent Full-Time You can search for this job using its competition number.
Closing Date: December 31, 2023
Competition Number: HUM013291
The Government of Saskatchewan offers a wide range of careers with purpose and passion. Our people enjoy an enviable work/life balance in an environment that supports creativity, innovation and diversity while providing learning and career development opportunities. We are helping make Saskatchewan the best place to live, work and raise our families, by building the best public service in Canada.
For more information on this and other opportunities in the public service, visit saskatchewan.ca/careers