Employment Opportunity: Lawyer – Goodland Buckingham Barristers & Solicitors
Location: 16 Forest Road, Suite 200, St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Job Title: General Practice which includes civil litigation, corporate commercial, real estate and labour law.
About the Firm
Goodland Buckingham is a well-established, full service law firm that is known for providing knowledgeable and effective legal services and we are committed to delivering excellent client outcomes.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced lawyer to join our law firm. As a member of our legal team, you will be responsible for handling a diverse range of matters. Successful candidates must possess a strong background in research and writing, with exceptional analytical and communication skills, and the ability to provide sound legal advice to clients.
- Conduct legal research, analyze case law, and develop effective legal strategies.
- Prepare and review legal documents, including pleadings, motions, contracts, and settlement agreements, etc.
- Represent clients in negotiations, mediations, arbitrations, interim/interlocutory hearings, trials, and appeal hearings.
- Provide comprehensive legal advise/legal opinions and guidance to clients.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships, demonstrating professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Stay updated with relevant laws, regulations, and legal precedents to ensure accurate and effective representation.
- LLB/JD from an accredited Canadian law school and in addition, be licensed or able to be licensed by the law society of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Exceptional client service skills and a high level of professionalism.
- Proficiency in legal research and case management.
- Proficiency in using Outlook and other time tracking and file management programs.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, depending on experience and skills.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to submit a resume, cover letter, and any other relevant supporting documents to the attention of David P. Goodland, K.C. via email at email@example.com.