Volunteer Opportunity: Secretary- Air Cadet League of Canada
Air Cadet League of Canada
Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Committee
Contact Person: Dennis Dillon, Eastern Vice-Chair
Address: PO Box 29048, St. John’s, NL
Postal Code: A1A 4J9
Phone: (709) 691-3038
The Air Cadet League of Canada has been serving the youth of Canada since April 1941. We are a proud non-profit whose mission is to promote and encourage the nation’s youth to develop and maintain an interest in aviation, leadership and citizenship. With the generous help of sponsors, donors, and volunteers, the Air Cadet League helps provide fun and innovative ways for youth to make a difference in their community all while learning about aviation. Our youth graduate from the air cadet program feeling confidence and skills that will last them a lifetime. Our volunteers are committed to helping youth navigate some of the most formative years in their lives while having fun in the process.
The Newfoundland Provincial Committee of the Air Cadet League of Canada is looking for a Secretary. The Secretary is part of our Provincial Executive and is an integral part of our leadership team. As Secretary, you will play an important role in fostering communication and ensuring proper management and distribution of our organization’s records and documentation.
The Secretary is responsible for:
- Keeping an accurate record (minutes) of all Executive and Provincial Committee meetings, including the Semi-Annual and Annual General meetings.
- Preparing the agenda for all Executive, Provincial Committee, and extra-ordinary meetings
- Notifying the required participants for all scheduled meetings.
- Distributing the meeting materials, monthly reports and agenda for all scheduled meetings.
- Distributing the minutes for all meetings to the meeting participants on a timely basis.
- Maintaining the compliance binder of governing documents, key governance policies, minutes of board meetings, and decisions of the Executive and Provincial Committee
- Developing an annual calendar of important dates and milestones (monthly meetings, annual meetings, important deadlines, etc.)
- Distributing Registration Packages & Proxies for the Annual and Semi-Annual Meetings on a timely basis.
- Distributing information to Directors and SSC’s where necessary
- Checking the mail and recording the receipt of correspondence
Generally, the role of Secretary with the Air Cadet League of Canada – NL is fulfilled via attendance at a monthly executive meeting and 1-2 additional hours per month.
Training will be provided by the Chair of the Air Cadet League of Canada – NL or his designate. Ongoing direction, support, and assistance will also be provided.
Certificate of Conduct Required: Yes