Webinar – Trauma-Informed Lawyering
The Journey Project is hosting a zoom session with Myrna L. McCallum, Métis lawyer and host of “The Trauma-Informed Lawyer” podcast.
The session, entitled ‘An Intersectional Introduction to Trauma-Informed Lawyering,’ will be held on October 25, 2021, in Corner Brook from 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM and October 26, 2021, in St. John’s from 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM.
These sessions will offer a unique opportunity to build your skills and, subject to the provisions of the Law Society’s Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Requirements, may constitute four hours of eligible CLE activities.
The training will explore:
- Defining trauma, triggers, and ‘trauma-informed lawyering’;
- Improving client engagement skills centred on safety and empowerment;
- Critically and courageously examining our beliefs and biases;
- Recognizing and respecting cultural trauma in the Indigenous context; and
- Identifying vicarious trauma and vicarious resilience and building strategies to safeguard our collective mental health.