You will engage in practical writing exercises, and learn:
- The key components of clear, concise, well-reasoned decisions
- Core writing principles, including context and point-first writing
- Strategies for drafting effective introductions
- Powerful tips on decision structure and issue-driven organization
- Recent developments in the duty to give reasons
PLUS! You will obtain valuable resources including checklists, tip sheets, legal sources on sufficiency and sample decisions.
Who Should Attend
New and experienced decision-writers, reviewers, and counsel with administrative and regulatory agencies, boards and tribunals.
This is an introductory course but will be useful for anyone who has not done a full-day structured program on decision writing, or who wants a refresher.