Get up-to-date and well briefed and join this critical dialogue about vital developments in the ever-evolving field of personal injury law.
Whether you represent plaintiffs or defendants/insurers, get crucial insights and solutions to key challenges in personal injury practice.
Don’t miss this comprehensive update in interesting and engaging topics highly relevant to everyone working in personal injury law. You’ll hear from expert practitioners and the bench about the most important current issues, while also gaining perspectives that will help to better inform your practice as an advocate.
Registration includes 120-day unlimited, online access to the recorded program.
What You’ll Learn
- Top 10 Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice cases
- The current state of damages in Personal Injury cases: pecuniary general damages, damages for loss of competitive advantage, and damages for future care
- Everything to know about Rule 7 motions
- Practice & Procedure – Moving your case efficiently: timetables, discovery plans, and Case Conferences
- Anatomy of a Personal Injury case from plaintiff and defence perspectives: analysis of Sanson v. Paterson and Moffitt v. TD Canada Trust
- Solicitor Negligence cases in PI: what to be aware of and what steps to take to avoid E & O claims
- Expert Evidence: recent medical negligence cases and their implication on expert evidence
- Mentorship and training the next generation of PI lawyers
Who Should Attend
- Personal injury litigators (Plaintiff and Defence/Insurer)
- In-house litigation counsel
- Litigation paralegals
- Litigation law clerks
- Insurance professionals (claims examiners/managers) who want to deepen their knowledge of the applicable law