Live Event Date: February 8, 2023
Live Event Time: 2:00 PM EST
Hosted by Thomson Reuters
Sharpen your legal research skills in this 45-minute master class. Learn from Reference Librarian, Hannah Steeves, how understanding physical materials can anchor your understanding of and proficiency with digital tools. Then have product experts walk you through how to research faster and more efficiently with Westlaw Canada’s exclusive finding tools, such as the Canadian Abridgment on Westlaw. This webinar takes you beyond the basics and provides insight into best practices.
Who should attend this webinar? This webinar is suitable for new legal researchers, people in teaching/training roles, as well as experienced legal researchers looking to advance their skills and understanding of legal research tools.
Physical to Digital: Using physical materials to understand digital tools
- The digitalization of legal research
- Using physical materials to understand digital tools
- Responsibilities of researchers and legal research providers
Effectively leveraging legal research tools, including:
- The Canadian Abridgment Online
- Legal Topics
- Index to Canadian Legal Literature (ICLL)
- Words and Phrases/Defined Terms
Improving access to secondary source content through technology