BENCHERS’ AGENDAS, MEETINGS AND MINUTES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC – 2022/2023
In accordance with our strategic priority to enhance public engagement and communication and our strategic initiative to increase transparency, a portion of all Benchers’ agendas, meetings and minutes will be open to members, students and the public at large.
To facilitate attendance, notice of upcoming meetings, the agenda and the minutes of each meeting will be published on the Law Society’s website. We will also distribute the notice in an email broadcast to all members.
Anyone wishing to attend a Bencher meeting:
- is required to provide notice of attendance to the Law Society by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- will not be permitted to use audio or video recording devices or communication devices during the meeting;
- shall not speak, unless invited to do so by the president;
- must observe and obey all rulings of the president; and
- shall leave if the meeting is declared closed to the public or if asked to do so by the president.
At this time, attendance shall be via zoom. We will provide an invite upon receipt of an attendance notice.
We note that the scheduled Benchers’ meetings will take place as follows:
- 26 September 2022
- 16 December 2022
- 20 February 2023
- 17 April 2023
- 9 June 2023
Agendas will be posted on the Law Society’s website in advance of each meeting.