CourtCall Now Available in St. John’s and Corner Brook (June 2, 2014)
CourtCall Now Available in the Judicial Centres of Corner Brook and St. John’s (Applications Courtroom)
The Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador wishes to advise members of the Bar and public that CourtCall telephonic courtroom appearances will be available commencing June 2, 2014 in the Judicial Centres of Corner Brook (all courtrooms) and St. John’s (applications courtroom only).
Voluntary telephonic appearances through CourtCall may now be made in certain matters before the Judicial Centres of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador located in Corner Brook, Grand Bank, Happy Valley-Goose Bay and St. John’s (applications courtroom).
Matters that can be heard through the use of CourtCall include:
- Case Management Meetings;
- Pre-trial conferences;
- Status updates and similar appearances;
- With prior approval from the Court, short causes and motions, including interim/interlocutory applications; and
- Other matters as counsel and the Court may agree.
Counsel may make a CourtCall appearance as follows:
- NOT LESS THAN THREE (3) COURT DAYS BEFORE THE HEARING DATE, serve and file with CourtCall (not the Court) a Request for CourtCall Telephonic Appearance (see www.courtcall.com):
- Pay a fee of $55.00 to CourtCall, LLC.
A confirmation from CourtCall, LLC, will be emailed or faxed to your office upon the filing and payment outlined above.
A CourtCall appearance is made as part of a Court’s usual calendar. Unless notified to the contrary, all counsel who have filed on a timely basis their Request and have paid the fee may appear by dialling the toll-free teleconference number provided by CourtCall, LLC (provided that they have also obtained prior approval from the Court for matters included in items 4 and 5 above). A pre-hearing check-in will occur five minutes before the scheduled hearing time.
A CourtCall appearance is voluntary and may be made without consent of the other party. The Court, however, reserves the discretion to require personal appearance.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT COURTCALL AT 888-882-6878 – DO NOT CONTACT THE COURT