FREE CLE WEBINAR An Introduction to the Grand Falls – Windsor Intimate Partner Violence Intervention Court
Date: Friday, June 24, 2022
Time: 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
The Intimate Partner Violence Intervention Court (IPVIC) is a specialized criminal court using an intervention-based approach to address the complex issues of intimate partner violence. Currently, IPVIC operates in St. John’s and Stephenville but is expanding operations to central Newfoundland and will be housed in the Grand Falls – Windsor court. IPVIC uses a treatment-based approach intended to address the complex issue of intimate partner violence. The focus is on victim safety as well as emphasizing offender accountability and treatment. This court is a collaborative effort of several stakeholders, including the Provincial Court of Newfoundland and Labrador, Public Prosecutions, the Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador (Family Division), Legal Aid NL, Victim Services, Corrections, and Community Services, and the Department of Child, Seniors, and Social Development.
This one-hour presentation provides members on the west coast of the province with an overview of the IPVIC program, objectives, and outcomes as well as highlights the process to engage clients in the program.
- Judge Robin Fowler – Judge, Provincial Court of Newfoundland and Labrador, Grand Falls – Windsor
- Michelle Park – Program and Policy Development Specialist, Department of Justice and Public Safety
- Pat O’Reilly – Risk Assessment Office, Legal Aid NL
- Jennie McDonald – Legal Aid NL, Grand Falls – Windsor
- Tina Walsh – Senior Crown, Grand Falls – Windsor
- Peggy O’Reilly – Social Worker Liaison, CSSD
PLEASE NOTE: THE REGISTRATION PROCESS IS ONLINE ONLY. TO REGISTER FOR THIS SEMINAR, PLEASE CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK:
CLE Credit: 1 hour
P.O. Box 1028, St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, A1C 5M3
Tel: 722-4740, Fax: 722-8902, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org