REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – HOST ORGANIZATIONS
AMPLIFY (Assisting My Potential – Labour Initiative for Youth) is a youth employment program offered by the Community Sector Council Newfoundland and Labrador (CSC NL) in partnership with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, Department of Immigration, Population Growth and Skills (IPGS).
AMPLIFY is open to youth between the ages of 16 and 30, generally having completed Level II in high school. The emphasis is to engage youth who encounter challenges that may impact their ability to find or retain employment and who may have had little previous exposure to the world of work. Through providing work experience and career and personal development opportunities, AMPLIFY’s ambition is to offer some motivating, perhaps life-changing, moments to targeted youth.
AMPLIFY is looking for Host Organizations that will:
- Assist to identify eligible local youth and receive resumes of potential participants from CSC NL
- Facilitate jobs with external employers or create employment opportunities themselves
- Provide or arrange career and personal development learning events
- Ensure youth employment and development opportunities are conducted safely in accordance with published public health guidelines
- Be creative in providing youth with networking opportunities and teambuilding activities; and
- Assist CSC NL with monitoring and feedback on the program.
Host Organizations will generally engage groups of 2-6 youth.
Hosts will receive an administrative fee to support this undertaking, which will be 15% of the wages paid to the youth.
AMPLIFY participants may work for nonprofit organizations or private business employers. For this year (2022), nonprofit organizations and private businesses will receive 100% of NL minimum wage and Mandatory Employment Related Costs.
Employment periods will generally range between 25-35 hours per week and 5-8 weeks.
All employers must support participants to attend 25 hours of career and personal development as part of their paid employment. Career and personal development may include development opportunities offered by Hosts or employers in addition to CSC NL online and telephone sessions.
AMPLIFY welcomes Expressions of Interest from private businesses and nonprofit organizations.
Expressions of Interest should be submitted by June 17, 2022. CSC NL will contact you by June 22, 2022.
Contact Corey Weir at: